Radazul marina. I've booked in for the month of October. It's not a very pretty marina but I won't be here for most of the time. It's somewhere to park Nomad and it's cheap and supposedly only 20 mins on the bus to the city centre. Founding father of Santa Cruz. The Murphys get everywhere.
Friday 31st October. Still here in Radazul in the hope that my repaired autopilot sent from Portugal over three weeks ago will turn up, long story. Today a young girl in the 40 foot yacht next to me disembarked alone and steered the boat out of the marina. Yesterday she went up the mast to replace a bulb at the masthead. I had been expecting a boyfriend or her dad to pop their head out of a hatch at some stage since she arrived but it seems I was mistaken. She really was alone.
Tuesday 9th December. Oh dear! The marina is full, I have to stay outside on the anchor until a space comes free which the man said could be a month or two. I think he's scaremongering but I suppose he has to give me the worst case. He showed me the list of twelve boats in the queue ahead of me. Very strong winds are expected at the weekend, if Nomad survives that without the anchor dragging then I would feel confident leaving the boat anchored over Christmas. I'll have to read up on anchoring.
Would be interesting to know the history of the chapel. It must have been in the middle of somewhere once.....
ReplyDeleteWe cycled past it on the way to the boat, it was at the bridge we went over. I took that photo previously, only because it made a good picture.
Delete